It is very common to hear that the professional hoof trimmers are responsible for spreading foot disease from farm to farm. At Ecohoof, we believe that this is not the case – disease causing organisms already exist on farm, but newly trimmed hoofs can be very susceptible to infection (from small nicks and cuts for example)
Blue Clay Shoes acts as a barrier to infection, forming a protective poultice which stays in contact for approximately 12 hours before drying naturally and flaking off, degrading into the ground.
Blue Clay Shoes is a totally natural, eco-friendly product containing bacteria busting essential oils. It is so easy to use- immediately after trimming, thinly brush on Blue Clay Shoes into and over the hoof and allow the animal to stand on a dry surface for 10 minutes, to allow the drying process to start
Blue Clay Shoes has a long contact period, the clay seals and protects whilst essential oils challenge any bacteria already present. Even after the clay has gone, the penetrating essential oils continue to work for up to 3 days.
METHOD OF USE:
- Get Blue Clay Shoes, hoof knife and paint brush ready
- Wash and trim the hoof
- Apply the clay thinly and evenly on the hoof
- Remember to apply the clay in between claw and soft tissue back of heel.
- When hoof is completely covered, the clay will start the drying process- leave on dry hard ground for 10 minutes – where possible.
- Blue Clay Shoes will dry, flake off and degrade naturally.
Please note in the photographs Blue Clay Shoes appears to be painted on thick however this is for illustration purposes only.
When applying Blue Clay Shoes only a thin coating is needed. (Paint on in the same way you’d paint a door)